Does This Theory Prove That Taylor Swift Is Dropping a New Album Soon?
Taylor Swift is trying to fake her fans out.
Now that it's October 2016—or two years after the release of 1989—Swifties are itching for new music. T.Swift has released studio albums every two years since her first record in October 2006, and now everyone is gearing up for her sixth album...but when?
The Washington Post might have figured it with a five-step theory that will definitely cause you to think twice.
1. T.Swift isn't going to announce an album until it's already dropped. According to the Post's theory, Swift will pull a Beyoncéand release it unannounced (only this time it will be on Apple Music). As a result, she'll be able to reap the benefits of her fans' delight all while avoiding pre-album publicity, which would most definitely include questions about Tom Hiddleston, Calvin Harris and the leaked footage Kim Kardashian West released.
2. It will most likely be an October release, as the majority of her previous albums were all released in October (Fearless hit shelves in November). Additionally, the 2017 Grammy Awards eligibility period just ended on Sept. 30, which means that T.Swift wouldn't have to compete with Beyoncé's Lemonade or Adele's 25. With those two fiercely competitive albums out of the way, the "Out of the Woods" singer could easily sweep.
3. For anyone dreading the work week, the Post believes Swift will release on a Sunday. "There's no better time to dominate the entertainment news cycle than on Sunday night when people are facing the reality of another week and want a distraction," it notes. "Internet traffic typically spikes on Monday when people are back at work, and a story like this would certainly get all of the attention."
4. It's the 10-year anniversary of Swift's first album, which would not be something she (or anyone) would ignore. Always calling out specific dates and anniversaries on her Instagram, the 10-year marker of her first album would definitely be a priority.
5. It's going to be related to the number 13 a.k.a. Swift's lucky number, as any true Swiftie knows. Born on Dec. 13, 1989, Swift's debut album went gold in 13 weeks and her Red tour kicked off on March 13, 2013. The list goes on and on, but you get the point. The Post guesses Swift will release this surprise album on Oct. 23, 2016 because the digits (10/23/16) add up to—13! The newspaper also comes up with a backup date—Nov. 13, 2016 (11/13/16)—just in case she chooses to release it after the election. Once again, the digits add up to 13.
What do you think..?