NZ's Top Beaches as Voted by Kiwi's!
It's definitely a hot hot summer around the Bay - what a start to 2021 we've had!
We've had some amazing beach weather since the New Year, not only here but around the country, and we've been loving it! Our Kiwi beaches are so well loved, that we had to make a list of our favourite beaches in NZ - as voted by kiwi's all over the country.
It's hard to argue that New Zealand doesn't have the best beaches in the world - lets face it, we surely do - but what is hard to figure out is which beach is the best one in New Zealand! Well, we've asked around and these are the Top 10 beaches in New Zealand, as voted by kiwis:
1. Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand It's no surprise that the Mount hits number one, it's definitely one of the most popular beaches in the area! As an absolute hot spot in the Eastern Bay, people from all over the country head towards the Mount as part of their travels, locals alike! And why wouldn't you with the spectacular views, wicked surf, and a mountain right there to get your steps in for the day!
2. Piha Beach, Piha, New Zealand Remember that good old show "Piha Rescue"? If a beach has it's own TV show, it's hard to miss it off our top 5 favourite beaches in the country! Located on the West Coast of Auckland, its a stunning, scenic black sand beach! Anyone travelling north this summer should definitely make a quick stop at one of New Zealand's most famous beaches this summer!
3. Pilot Bay, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand The sister beach to Mt Maunganui is another one of our local hot spots to hit this summer! It's got most of the same spectacular features as the Mount, and perfect for all kinds of water sports that the Mount is just a bit too busy for! Grab your Kayak or Paddle board for a fun day out at Pilot Bay!
4. Ohope Beach, Whakatane, New Zealand Ahh, the famous Ohope Beach! Our team's favourite place to spend our spare time in the summer has to be Ohope Beach. Whether it's a stroll on the beach after dinner at Cadera, or a full on day surfing and tanning! You never know, you might have seen us there before!
5. Raglan Beach, Raglan, New Zealand
Heading over to the West Coast or the Waikato? A stop of at Raglan beach is surely on the list! Besides the amazing coffee in the area, Raglan beach is well known for the amazing surf, and stunning views on the beach! Definitely worth a trip for 2021
Some of our other favourite beaches that deserve honorary mentions include Ninety Mile Beach in Kaitaia, Oriental Bay in Wellington, and Kaiteriteri Beach in Kaiteriteri. It's no surprise that most of our favourite beaches are right here in the Bay of Plenty, and where we're spending most of our spare time this summer!
Of course, when you're hitting the beach this summer, don't forget to Slip, Slop, Slap and Wrap and stay safe in the sun!
Do you agree with our choices? head over to the Q97Hits Instagram and let us know your favourite beach!